Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Luke's Surgery Day

We knew this day would come, as of nine months ago. It was that very first ultrasound we had, when I quickly suspected that something was wrong, as the technician spent 45 grueling minutes taking images of his heart.  I knew that we could all handle an extra chromosome, which has proved to be an indicator of extra cuteness. :-) But open heart surgery?  And quickly, God answered. By blessing us with such a wonderful and Godly man named Dr. Hamill (pediatric cardiologist), and one of the top heart surgeons in the country, Dr. Peeler.  And he topped it off with hundreds of friends and family who vigilantly prayed on their knees for Luke, leading up to and on the day of his surgery. This day, my heart is overflowing with love and gratitude.  Luke is so blessed.  Yes, God did answer. And although I teared up this morning as I rocked him in my arms and sang "You are my sunshine ", I knew in my heart that God had this. God has an ultimate purpose for his life, as he does for all of us. We all felt at peace during the surgery.  Thank you Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment