Monday, August 18, 2014

Dear Mommy and Daddy


Dear mommy and daddy, thank you so much for choosing to bring me into this world, and into a home with my three beautiful sisters and two big brothers.  I love how Annaliese makes silly faces at me and sings me sweet little songs. I love how Gabriel sits in front of me and teaches me all about his favorite English Premier League club team, Chelsea FC. I love how Olivia scoops me up and cuddles with me, every free second she has.  I particularly enjoy holding onto her long blonde locks.  I love how Joshua lays beside me on the floor, and talks to me like I am five years old too. And I love my big sister Elliana, as she expressively shows me constant affection, usually within 3 inches of my face. I want to thank you for accepting me just the way God made me, extra DNA and all.  I love waking up every day to a family that cuddles with me, smiles at me, talks to me, and makes me feel so loved.  I'm so grateful that you were by my bedside when I came out of surgery, and for not losing faith that our Father would take care of everything.  I'm grateful for all the hundreds of people that were praying for me, day and night.  I cannot promise you that I will not go through my terrible twos as a saint, or skip over my three-nager year of attitude.  And I cannot promise you that I won't throw my dirty clothes on the floor, forget to take my plate to the sink, or ever use the word "no" to you!  But I can promise you that I will always be grateful for your love and support, for the faith you pass to me, and for the family that you surround me with.  And I can promise you that you will be thrilled to see me live out the purpose God has intended for me. 
With Love, Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment